Some of you who visit the web site might have seen some design changes, a lot of which have been rolled back. I am still continuing the experimentation. I had unset fonts in my stylesheet, however I have realized that it might not work. It is the combination of the font, the color, the line-height and the background color that affects readability. We set or unset them all together.
I still have a feeling that giving up might be really beneficial, at least for some kind of sites. It can reduce the CSS size and let the user participate in readability. The biggest hurdle though is that many do not know they can do this, and most of the times the default font settings in the browser are not necessarily appealing. However, I am going to include some help on this and then give it one more try.
The site still uses 100% of the font size set in the browser. Even here I have seen tremendous difference in the fonts being used. I will experimenting with various font families. I have developed a darker version of the theme and plan to provide a server-side style switcher. As usual, feel free to say your thoughts, I am all ears.