I have picked up some interesting new tools last year. Some of them have changed the way I work.
- xmonad: A wonderful tiling window manager that has found a place in all my monitors, with different resolutions
- dmenu: IMHO the best launcher out there
- centerim: Console or not, this is the best and least intrusive way of chatting
- GNU Screen: An immensely useful terminal multiplexer
- git: A version control system that lets you code first and worry about version control later
- Chromium: It just sped past all the existing browsers.
Some others are sitting in my experimentation lab:
- uzbl: A Webkit based browser, which has changed my perception of a Web browser
- zsh: A powerful shell, though I am still finding out what I stand to lose if I move away from bash.
Which ones have you picked up?